Training & Courses
The MTA-DBP Professional Translation Diploma Course (one of the main long-term courses) was started in 1983 on the initiative and ideas of the MTA and DBP to ensure that all translators assigned to translate scholarly books are trained more professionally. The Special Syllabus is adapted from the syllabus of the University of Malaya translation diploma course. Prof. Dato’ Dr. Asmah Hj. Omar officiated the launch of the course.
In addition, short-term support courses for upgrading relevant knowledge are also organized. These courses have received encouraging response.
Professional Diploma Courses
- MTA-DBP Professional Translation Diploma Course
- Higher Malay Language Course
- Book Review For Book Lovers And Readers Course
- Build Your Career As A Professional Translator Course
- Subtitle Preparation Course
- Basic Translation Editing Course
- Bilingual Skills In Speaking Course
- Technology Application In Digital Translation Course
- Malay/English-Mandarin And English/Mandarin-Malay Theoretical And Practical Translation Course
Short Courses Offered